[Dixielandjazz] CREOLE BLUE - DUKE

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Apr 12 15:05:34 PDT 2012

Tito Martino wrote:
> I asked that once, in January, but it seems it's difficut to find, maybe now some listmate can send me the changes (chords) for Creole Blues, as  played by Lawrence Brown in this beautiful version:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH2LY9BGWIw

Dear Tito,
I was sure that listmate Bert Brandsma (Dixieland Crackerjacks) would have provided the details to you back in January.
That band's version, highlighting the third part of Duke Ellington's famous 1931 "Creole Rhapsody" from 11 June 1931, is at
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7TwlKcOiLU
It features Bert's alto playing and is a delight.
I also wanted to hear the Lawrence Brown version but your link above, and a subsequent YouTube search, was unsuccessful.
Is it from the LP/CD 'Unknown Session' by the Duke Ellington Small Band with Ray Nance (t) Lawrence Brown (tb) Johnny Hodges (as) Paul Gonsalves (ts) Harry Carney (bar,b-cl) Duke Ellington (p) Aaron Bell (sb) Sam Woodyard (d)  recorded inHollywood, CA, 14 July 1960? One that I have occasionally wondered about but never located.
Very kind regards,
Bill.