[Dixielandjazz] Herman Sandy

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 14:44:01 PDT 2012

Hello listmates,
I wonder how many of you know Herman Sandy?  Not exactly a household name!
I cam across him by pure chance - while browsing through second hand
records I came across records one by Herman Sandy and His Jazz Gang.
The band name looked right, as did the repertoire, so I bought the
record, and have loved it ever since!  A very talented musician, and
virtually unknown!
The liner notes are by Leo Souris, in whose band Sandy played at one
time or another.  I've tried to find recordings by that band on the
web, but to no avail.
Cheers