[Dixielandjazz] New SFTJF page with historical photos

Scott Anthony santh at comcast.net
Tue Apr 3 12:44:24 PDT 2012

I wanted to let everyone know that I've just put up a new page on the San Francisco Traditional Jazz Foundation website that has a bunch of scanned photos from the Pops Foster collection donated by Tom Stoddard to the Foundation awhile back. There is some really interesting stuff.

www.sftradjazz.org/stoddardcollection.php

I'm still working on the "credits" for each image, so many of the images are missing information. Anyone on this list who has info to add for any of the images, please send it to me and I'll update the page as quickly as possible. For example, there is the possibility that image PF080.jpg is one of the earliest images of Lu Watters we have (trumpet in the middle of the front seat of the car).

Scott Anthony
Editor & Webmaster, San Francisco Traditional Jazz Foundation www.sftradjazz.org