[Dixielandjazz] Bohemian Rhapsody

Eric Holroyd eholroyd at optusnet.com.au
Thu Sep 29 16:50:18 PDT 2011

At the end of this stunning performance the band troops off the stage to a
wonderful – and almost never ending – round of applause, which develops into
the rhythmic clapping and foot stomping which is the European way of calling
for ‘More!’

So the band returns and, although I don’t speak Austrian my schoolboy German
allowed me to understand the odd few words here and there of Thomas Gansch’s
chat with the audience in which he thanked them for the applause.

Then he tried to set up a ‘world record for the longest laughing’, which
fails miserably, so he tries again with ‘tittering’ or ‘high pitched
laughter’ – which also fails, but the band cracks up at the audience
antics - whereupon Thomas tells them ‘Das was sooper’, which of course is
easily understood.

Perhaps some kind Austrian DJMLer could translate Thomas’s joking around for
the rest of us?

Eric Holroyd
Sydney, Australia