[Dixielandjazz] New Orleans Traditional Jazz Camp for Adults

Nita Hemeter nhemeter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 06:12:52 PDT 2011

*THE JOINT IS JUMPIN'*

*at the New Orleans Traditional Jazz Camp for Adults*

* *

* *

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

For more information:

Nita Hemeter 504-865-9792

     Spend a week in Historic New Orleans learning to play Traditional Jazz
under the instruction of some of the finest musicians in the city, enjoy
some of the best food in the world and marvel at the beautiful architecture
of the French Quarter.  Come to the Birthplace of Jazz and fall under the
magical spell of our music and our people.  As they say, "There is no place
like New Orleans!"

     The New Orleans Traditional Jazz Camp for Adults will be held June
10-15, 2012.  Tuition, which includes instruction, lodging, breakfast and
lunch, will be discounted $150.00 if paid in full by the early bird
registration deadline of September 30, 2011. It is important to register and
pay early to reserve your spot because classes will fill up. Click
here<http://www.neworleanstradjazzcamp.com/> to
register.

     To date, we are about 2/3 full with campers registered from all over
the United States as well as Sweden, Germany and Finland.  Campers spend the
day in ensemble and group sessions with their instructors and evenings are
spent jamming at the hotel or at various music venues nearby. Fritzel’s is
right across the street from the hotel and Preservation Hall and other music
venues are within a short walking distance.

     Music history speakers discuss New Orleans music heritage and culture
during meals.  One evening of the camp is dedicated to a traditional New
Orleans "Second Line Parade".  Campers parade through the streets of the
French Quarter playing jazz to the delight of our many visitors.  Another
night campers perform at the world-renowned Preservation Hall, a moving
experience for everyone to be in the revered "Hall" where many of our
musical fathers and mothers performed.

     Camp concludes Friday night with a "Camper Concert" at the Grand
Ballroom of the Historic Bourbon Orleans Hotel.  The public is invited and
the ballroom really swings.  Saturday is "Lagniappe Day", a little something
extra, a Traditional Jazz Festival.  Campers who can stay over are invited
to perform at this festival.

     Please visit our website at www.neworleanstradjazzcamp.com for more
information.

     We look forward to our 3rd camp and reconnecting with old friends and
meeting new ones.

Red Beans and Ricely Yours,

(as Louis Armstrong said)

Banu Gibson