[Dixielandjazz] FW: Kid Ory in UK

Glen Page gpage at shaw.ca
Thu Sep 22 15:27:33 PDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Page [mailto:gpage at shaw.ca]
Sent: September 22, 2011 3:25 PM
To: 'Pat Ladd'
Subject: Kid Ory in UK

Hello PAT and all other members,

I have in front of me the program from Oct 24TH AT THE FREE Trade Hall in
Manchester, unfortunately the year is not shown but a program note says
that"Kid Ory is now at an incredible 72 years of age".The band comprised of
Ory, Bob McCraken, clt ,Red Allen ,tpt, Cedric Haywood, pno, Squire Gersh
,bs and ALTON REDD ,dms.

The program notes that this was Ory's first British tour and without looking
up Ory's date of birth I would put it at about 1956 or 1957

Just goes to show, the "junk " that my wife wants to throw out sometimes
comes in useful.I guess that many of are of an incredible
age now. LONG MAY WE BE SO.

CHEERS, Glen.