[Dixielandjazz] Dick Ruedebusch & The Underprivileged Five

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 21 09:41:49 PDT 2011

> Bill Haesler <bhaesler at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>
> Dear Listmates,
> This one just in from a mate in Brisbane, Australia.
> Featuring someone I had never come across before.
>
>   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di0RQ3nXEdY
>
> It's amazing what is hidden on YouTube.
> Very kind regards,

Dear Bill:

Thanks for that post. Hopefully listmates will see the other you tube
by Ruedebusch. It is at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBKSGukK98U

As the description says he led the "fastest Dixieland band in the
world".

He passed away in 1968 and not too many of us remember him. The
Limehouse Blues clip was recently posted on you tube and it will be
interesting to see how many hits it gets over the next year.

Bill Sargent  posted on the DJML June 1, 2007 and said in part about
the Underprivileged Five: "This band played tempos that I don't
believe I've ever heard another trad band play."

They were the house band at the Tunnel Inn located in Milwaukee as
Mike Woitowicz and Marty Nichols had posted earlier on June 1, 2007.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband