[Dixielandjazz] To Those Who Dislike Jazz Banjo

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Fri Sep 16 11:53:03 PDT 2011

And Bela Fleck does all he does on the 5 string banjo which is by no means
endangered but rather growing in popularity.  Of course he can play
anything.  But I have yet to meet a 5-string player primarily interested in  OKUM,
Tin Pan Alley, etc.

Maybe the fourstring style is meant to die.

To the other message from Bethtroy.  Buddy Wachter already knows I  love
and revere him.  My interest with this thread is in the "ever  lived" part of
your comment.  Seems to me that we who love something should  do what's in
our consciousness to do to birth potential future Wachters in  significant
numbers.

Ginny

In a message dated 9/16/2011 1:04:24 P.M. Central Daylight Time,