[Dixielandjazz] To Those Who Dislike Jazz Banjo

david richoux domitype at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 11:04:23 PDT 2011

Ginny,

Bela Fleck have been researching and evangelizing the banjo all over
the world - he has done many tours of Africa, in a way re-introducing
the instrument there, and that is the sort of thing young musicians
will (or could) see that might spark an interest in the instrument.
More here: http://www.belafleck.com/projects.html

I don't know if he does one-on-one instruction, probably not... but he
has let a lot of people hear the banjo in a new way.

Dave Richoux