[Dixielandjazz] FW: European Copyright Law Change

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Sep 14 01:24:22 PDT 2011

Jack Mitchell wrote:
>This of course benefits the major American sound and film producing
companies much more than any Australian companies.

And, Steve sent in an article which said some of the same things concerning
record companies, etc.

For clarity, what I reported was that the time period that I will receive
funds for the recordings & tv shows I did (thousands over some thirty years)
for a longer period than originally thought.

I'm referring to Performer's Rights, and that covers recordings, videos &
television shows where one performed.  This is not to be confused with money
that reaches record companies from sales, which then trickles down to
composers & anyone under contract.  This money goes through a different
collection agency & then down to the performer who played the gig.

Jim