[Dixielandjazz] keeping "live" alive

alevy at alevy.com alevy at alevy.com
Sun Sep 11 10:42:18 PDT 2011

Mj (Mike) wrote:
<long snip>
A guy (who I have no idea) sings "Take Me Out To The Ballgame", leaving the first note out entirely.  Meaning, he sang "Take" on the "me" beat and note, carrying on one beat and note late for the entirety of the song.  Which means at the end he could only merely say "game!" because the song ended on the word "ball"  It's so hard to describe.
======================================
You should all hear "Take Me Out" by Stuart McKay - album "Reap The Wild Winds"
1955. I suspect the "laugh In" chorus may have been inspired by this instrumental.
It ends with "for it's one, two, three strikes you're out!" (silence)
Absolutely one of my favorite swing? classical? jazz? albums, much in the style
of the Alec Wilder Octets.
Cheers,
Al
Pianist, Composer, Arranger, Conductor, Teacher and Music Prep.
Please visit me at
http://alevy.com