[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland & Horses

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 9 17:37:58 PDT 2011

For Philadelphia/ Wilmington/South Jersey area list mates.

If you want to see horses and Dixieland, and are not afraid of rain,
come on out to THE LAURELS CDE (Combined Driving Event) Horse and
Carriage Competition.

It is the USA National Championship for 4 in hand (4 horse carriages)
as well as single horse and pair competitions.

We (Barbone Street Jazz Band) are in the Main Tent with all the rich
folks.

Since the grounds are very wet and more rain is predicted. I expect
the regular folks and band fans will be welcome there too.

Event runs from 8 AM to 5 PM on Saturday & Sunday, Sept 10 & 11, on
the farm grounds and surrounding properties. Take Route US 1 South
from Philly, exit at Route 41 (Chatham / Avon Grove). Turn Right on
Route 41, go 300 yards, then make 1st right on Woodview Road. Show
grounds are about a mile down Woodview. Parking is just past the
stabling area.

Our band plays from 11 AM to 2 PM. No doubt besides a Dixieland
version of "Pennies From Heaven", I'll do quartet renditions of
"September in the Rain." and "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head". We
are adding more "Rain" songs.  <grin>

Parking $10, admits all in the vehicle free. Bring rain gear. <grin>

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband