[Dixielandjazz] Laughing & music

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 09:32:11 PDT 2011

Hi,
I personally, as "the audience," prefer music without entertainment.
However, I do realize that this is OK for the dyed in wool fan, not
the general public.  If professional musicians are to make a living
(and, despite a recent post to the contrary, at least a part of the
audience DOES hear the difference before avocational and professional
musicians), they must attract people who just come to have a good
time,  When I was (much) younger, showmanship made me mad, but, at
that age, I was sure that everybody just wanted to hear jazz.  I have
since learnt better.
Cheers