[Dixielandjazz] Jazz violinists

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Wed Sep 7 16:45:56 PDT 2011

The recent thread on this topic showed that a number of list members are
very interested in it, so I guess they will find this post of some interest.

I have only just heard about Sydney violinist Daniel Weltlinger who is of
French, Hungarian and Israeli family descent. He has recorded a number of
CDs of jazz and gypsy swing, as well as other styles.

The point of interest is that he was commissioned by Django Reinhardt's
family to arrange and perform many of Django's compositions. The result is a
CD called SOUVENIRS which will be launched tonight (September 8) at The
Basement in Sydney. The accompaning band includes tenor sax, piano, piano
accordian, two guitars and a string bass. Also guitarist Lulo Reinhardt
makes a guest aappearance.

Best wishes
Jack Mitchell