[Dixielandjazz] Girls Go Crazy About...

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Oct 30 22:28:43 PDT 2011

Tim Eldred wrote:

> It is also on the two-record set titled Battle of Trafalgar - I bought it
> when they appeared at Capone's in Sacramento in the 70's.

Yes, I have the same 2-album set and if memory doesn't deceive me, there is a vocal on it by the drummer Ron McKay?

I was working 6-nights a week at Capones then and I booked Max's band in there.  I had heard them when I was playing intermissions at Earthquake Magoons in SF.  Turk's band was off one night and Max Collie and the Rhythm Aces had just arrived in town and were booked at Magoons.

I used to book a lot of Jazz at Capones for the owner, including Turk Murphy, The Legends of Jazz and the sax player from England who had a trio.  I've seen mention of him here on DJML from time to time but can't think of his name right now.

--Bob Ringwald