[Dixielandjazz] More Girls Going Crazy

Glen Page gpage at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 30 22:15:31 PDT 2011

Hello to all.
I thought that this had run its course but an earlier recording of "Girls Go
Crazy About The Way I Walk" was recorded by Ory, Mutt Carey, Joe Darensburg,
Buster Wilson, Bud Scott, Ed Garland and Minor Hall on March 21st 1945 in
L.A..issued by Decca.It has been rereleased by Upbeat, URCD 176 and credit
has been given to "Trad" whereas the previous tune Muskrat Ramble is
credited to Ory. This does not prove anything but almost all the other
numbers on the disc seem to be credited to the appropriate person with only
one other tune, Blanche Touquatoux, not having a designated composer.Ory
also sings on this one.
Apart from anything else this disc features some very nice Carey on all 24
tracks.
Good night,
Glen Page.