[Dixielandjazz] New 'Tiger Rag' video with Extended Drum Solo

John Petters jdpetters at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 30 03:36:02 PDT 2011

Morning All,
I've just uploaded a new video of 'Tiger Rag' with my 'John Petters All
Stars'. This is from the Louis Armstrong Celebration Jazz Festival at
Bracklesham Bay in September.

The band comprises: Alan Gresty, Jackie Free, Brian White, Colin Bray
and Keith Donald.

For those interested in jazz drumming, there is an extended drum solo in
which I explore many of the techniques employed by such legendary heroes
as Baby Dodds, Zutty Singleton, Tony Sbarabaro, Ray Bauduc, Big Sid
Catlett and Gene Krupa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9ZVCG0aBsU

-- John Petters www.traditional-jazz.com Amateur Radio Station G3YPZ