[Dixielandjazz] Tuba/Bass Player looking for work

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Oct 30 00:02:49 PDT 2011

David Zychowski wrote:

> If I am miss-using this forum I apologize.  But, I have found it difficult
> to meet people so far.
>

> My Name is David Zychowski.  I have been playing Traditional Jazz,
> Dixieland, Standards and Swing since I was 10 years old.  That is 32 years
> now.
>

> I can play it anyway you want it.  2 beat, Firehouse Five style, or,
> driving 4 beat the way they did it at Rosie's.  Yes, I was asked twice to
> play there.  Unfortunately, nursing school keep me away.  I did later play
> with several of the Rosie guys in Cleveland.
>

> I am fairly new to the area.  I moved last December, from Cleveland, for
> work and have found it difficult to find places to play.
>

> I am living in the foothills outside of Modesto.  I have gone into Modesto
> and to the Sacramento Jubilee but, the phone remains silent.
>

> Please contact me as I am more than willing to make a trip to sit in with
> you all.

Dear David,

There are a lot of Jazz Clubs around where you can sit in and start getting known.

Sacramento meets once a month on the 2nd Sunday of the month at the Dante Club, 2330 Fair Oaks Blvd. in Sacramento, noon - 5:00 PM.  Talk to Paula Dula in the Gold Card Room and Jane Reinmuth in the Tailgate room.  Also look me up.  I'm usually in the Main room, or at the bar...

Modesto and Stockton have once a month Jazz club meetings.

Also two or 3 in the SF Bay area.

BTW- Good tuba players are rather scarce around here.

Incidentally, your posts to DJML were being held by the software as you were a new member.  This is to prevent SPAM and intentional off-topic posts.  You are off the Moderated list now, thus your posts should get through just fine.

--Bob Ringwald
DJML Moderator