[Dixielandjazz] All the Girls Go Crazy

tyleman tyleman at isp.com
Fri Oct 28 03:24:46 PDT 2011

It's a bit frustrating that Hardie doesn't quote a source for his
assertion. In another djml post, he quotes Danny Barker as the source
- even though Barker never heard the Bolden band, but Bunk, Ory and
Big Eye did, and none of them ever acknowledged the association to
Bolden.

It's also interesting that other than Hardie, there is no published
anecdotal evidence regarding the connection to Bolden.

It would be nice if Hardie would reveal his source material - whether
it is Hogan Jazz Archive interviews or what. I generally believe that
is the accepted modus operadi with scholarly research.

Regards,
Chris

--
Chris Tyle