[Dixielandjazz] All the girls go crazy

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Oct 27 15:32:16 PDT 2011

Gerard Bielderman wrote:
> Sid Bailey's Kid Ory Discography states that Ory recorded the track with his own vocal
> on March 21, 1945 for Decca,
> on July 17, 1953 for Good Time Jazz
> on February 10, 1946 (on American Music CD).

Dear Gerard and Chris,
Good morning.
I've now aurally checked the four Kid Ory versions I have of "The Girls Go Crazy...." and report as follows:

•Non-vocal.	21 March 1945 for Decca.
•Vocal.		10 Feb 1946 at Green Room, CIO Hall, SF.
			(My 'non-vocal' error was a careless reading Sid Bailey's discography. AMCD-43 gives the year as 1947.)
•Non-vocal.	July 1949. Jubilee AFRS Program series recorded at Beverley Cavern.
•Non vocal.	16th May 1953. KCBS broadcast from the Hangover Club in SF. (I do not have this.)
•Vocal.		17 July 1953 for GTJ.

Error score 1:1
8>)
Very kind regards,