[Dixielandjazz] Thanks to Bill, Woody and Gerald for Ory info

tyleman tyleman at isp.com
Thu Oct 27 02:41:15 PDT 2011

Thanks for the info on the Ory vocal. I'm in the UK, without access to
Tom Lord's discography (it's at home in the US), so I wasn't able to
check that. I didn't remember Ory singing it, but then, it's been a
long time since I've heard those sides. I'm staying with a friend who
has them, but I wasn't able to locate them, and he was busy - so I
didn't want to bother him.

The band started its gig last night with that tune, however.

Regards,
Chris

--
Chris Tyle