[Dixielandjazz] Harry Connack Jr.

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Tue Oct 25 13:06:34 PDT 2011

I just watched a CNN interview by interviewer Piers Morgan with Harry
Connack Jr.  I find Piers to be an excellent interviewer, pushy, but not
beyond reason.  I'm not sure if he is known in the U.S.

Anyway, I had really never paid a lot of attention to HC Jr, mainly because
he has always been billed as the next Frank Sinatra.  That sort of thing
never appealed to me.  If I want to hear Sinatra, I'll listen to Sinatra
himself.  I thought HC Jr. should find his own voice, his own style.

With that opinion, I closed out what seems to be a very humble & sincere
person, and obviously a great talent.  He came off extremely well during the
interview, talking about those around him...musicians or actors, more than
about himself.  Very interesting person.

Jim