[Dixielandjazz] Gloom mongers

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Tue Oct 25 11:05:31 PDT 2011

Hi Jude et al,
You sent me checking on YouTube.  Meschiya Lake and Dem Little Big  Horns
are there.  Thanks!
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_SMk42zcfI_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_SMk42zcfI)

Ginny

In a message dated 10/25/2011 10:45:18 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
jude at judyeames.co.uk writes:

BUT the  name on many people's lips was NOLA's  Meschiya Lake ... I
haven't  heard such a good singer for a long time.  She has a wonderful,
tone,  perfect intonation and there doesn't appear to be anything
derivative  about her delivery. Her stage presence is impeccable,
especially as she  doesn't resort to onstage gyrations as  many more
established singers  feel the need to do.   Her band  Dem Little Big
Horns are  all young talented players... look out for them... Meschiya
told me that  they're coming to the UK in February so I hope she attracts
the swing  dancers, young and old, as she did at  SV.