[Dixielandjazz] FW: Where are the young people?

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 11:48:28 PDT 2011

Well, Larry,
You may well be right - as far as the USA goes!  But here in Israel,
both the New Orleans Function and Swing de Gitanes attract young
audiences, and yes, the young people do come and pay entrance to hear
the bands and dance to them!
Actually, some time ago I mentioned that the New Orleand Function had
a new weekly job, playing for dancing.  I was advertised as "for those
over thirty."  The first week this policy was strictly enforced - and
harsly any of the band's followers was allowed in!  Small wonder that
job is over- once turned away, the kids did not return.  But the ysure
turn up at other venues.
Right now the New Orleans Function is inactive, as the leader Eli
Preminger is in New Orleans.
Cheers