[Dixielandjazz] Where are the Young People?

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 20 08:39:52 PDT 2011

> "Henry C. Mason" <hmncro at gmail.com> (wrote)
>
> Listmates...  is there a tinge of jealousy here?   As most of us
> know, it
> ain't how good you are it is how well you sell it.   Steve is a good
> player
> and his band is probably as good as a hundred others.  What he does
> is sell
> it very well which is why he gets so much work.     I do more big
> band than
> Dixie but I have sure used Steve's suggestions on audience building
> and
> selling a band and OKOM would be better off if more people listened
> to him.
>
> Rant mode off

Thanks Henry. Yeah you are right, there seems to be a bit of that
among the older farts. They focus on negatives. I think it goes with
aging badly and guess it has always been that way in the music business.

Of course we play to old people too, in fact we have an equally large
following among old folks as among young folks. I've been saying that
for a decade but there is always 10% that don't get the word. If you
good people (and snipers too)  want to see Barbone Street with young
people in the audience (lots of them), visit our myspace page, below
my sign off,  and peruse the photos there, of if that's too much
trouble, go to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRxpXV38b8Q

Then, instead of sniping, eat your hearts out.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband