[Dixielandjazz] Norman Granz

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 07:40:42 PDT 2011

> JATP was meant to be pretty much a Roman circus. Norman said to me once that
> he liked his musicians
> to be friends off stage, but on stage he wanted blood.
> The music was mostly designed to be intellectually comparatively
> unchallenging, so you might find it rabble rousing

I beg to disagree.  God reads intentions 9and we know waht the raw
material of the road to hell is).  I judge by results.  And the
results, for the most part, are great!

 compared
> with the strain that appreciating the music of the MJQ or Brubeck might put
> on your brain.

I fpund it boring and bland then, and still do.

> As an experiment you should try to listen to a track by the Miles Davis
> quintet with Wayne Shorter

No, thanks.  I am not a masochist!  20 seconds of Wayne Shorter and
I'll confess the assassination of Kennedy, Lincoln, etc., jsut to stop
that terrible noise!

cheers