[Dixielandjazz] YouTube

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Wed Oct 5 01:44:58 PDT 2011

Bill,

Good question. Could you forward me the email without clicking on anything?

Sometimes hackers will try to get you to a fake page that looks like the
real McCoy where you enter your login and password. If you pass the
mouse over the link, what shows up on the status bar at the bottom of
the navigator window? Is it the real URL for YouTube?  If not, delete
right away. If you don't have an account with YouTube or, as you say,
never uploaded anything to them, it sounds like you can delete the
message without worry.

All the best, Gary

On 04/10/2011 22:45, Bill Haesler wrote:
> Dear Friends,
> This morning I received what claims to be an email from YouTube Administration advising that "Your video has been approved", followed by my email address and an internet link in the company's familiar url style and indicating that "You can reply to this message by visiting your inbox" [in click-onable blue].
> As I have made no representations to YouTube, should I ignore and delete the links as being spam, or worse?
> Kind regards,
> Bill.

Gary Kiser
34, rue du Président Wilson