[Dixielandjazz] "A moir de payer" (was Support live jazz)

Gerard Bielderman gerard.bielderman at telfort.nl
Sun Oct 2 05:31:24 PDT 2011

As far as I know the correct title is "à moi d'payer" , please note: not
moir but moi as Guy DeMole writes it in the 1998 edition of his book.
I should translate it as "I have to pay". And that is definitely something
else than "The pay-off". In this last case I get a reward, in the first case
I must pay.
Monty Sunshine recorde it in 1968 as A moi de payer and Kenny Ball in 1962
and 1993 as The pay off.
Gerard Bielderman