[Dixielandjazz] Firehouse 5 + 2 arrangements

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 00:55:16 PST 2011

> There is a band in Switzerland called the Firehouse Revival that has
> painstakingly transcribed many of the Firehouse Five arrangements which they
> play when they perform. George reminded me of them and I met the band many years
> ago when they came and played a festival here in Southern California (I think
> the Orange County Festival, but I could be remembering this wrong.)

I heard the Firehouse Revival in Breda many years ago.  They use the
paraphernalia, but also use much fewer effects.  The mah have
"painstakingly transcribed ...the Firehouse Five arrangements," as you
say, but they don't really sound like copy cats.  I have nevr heard
the original FH5+2 in person, only on records, but I admit liking the
Swiss group more.  Not only lively and enthusiastic, but sounding (to
my ears, at least) original.

Cheers