[Dixielandjazz] How To Succeed in Killing a Trad Festival Without Really Trying

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 14:06:53 PST 2011

I couldn't agree more!
True, I did prefer Breda when it was still "Oude Stijl" (old style),
but I did attend a few festivals after it had become just "jazz
festival," with all those zydeco/kleizmer/blues and other
(unlistenable to me) bands.  And I did despite the sound overlap (and
those non-jazz bands were so over-amplified as to make listening at
some of the outdoor stages impossible).
Cheers