[Dixielandjazz] Santo Pecora

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon May 30 02:35:26 PDT 2011

Found this quite by accident on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaYZ8OFe6iU

This is Santo Pecora on trombone, and the amazing George Girard on trumpet.
Other members of the band can be seen on the LP that is shown on YouTube.

I bought a salmon colored (cover) LP from Santo himself when I visited New
Orleans for my one & only nite ever there in 1957.  I was 16, and my parents
took me to the Famous Door where he was performing.  Part of my early
ear-training was done with that LP!

Great sounding band, and a very strong trombonist.

Jim