[Dixielandjazz] FW: Repeated solos

Steve Voce stevevoce at virginmedia.com
Sat May 28 08:09:56 PDT 2011

If you read the piece again you'll see that I was suggesting that as callow youths
we expected (quite wrongly of course) that the giants, who we saw as improvisers in the grasp of unstoppable and
continually renewed inspiration, could be so crass as to repeat the same
programme twice in one night, to say nothing of at every concert throughout
a tour.

Steve Voce