[Dixielandjazz] Recordings of early jazz clarinet players.

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri May 27 15:11:51 PDT 2011

Marek Boym wrote:
> In addition to the recordings mentioned by Bill and others, Gus Bivona
> plays clarinet on "Bob Crosby and His Orchestra 1946 - Instrumentals
> Never Before on Record," Onward to Yesterday OTY 1517 (an LP).

Dear Marek,
John Fortier was looking for specific clarinet solos by Gus Bivoni.
Therefore, we have deliberately ignored the multitude of Benny Goodman, Bob Crosby, Artie Shaw and other big band recordings on which he played clarinet (plus alto) on the basis that:
•there are far too many
and
•we have no way of identifying his particular clarinet work on any these. If any.
Kind regards,
Bill.