[Dixielandjazz] "The Dean Martin Show"

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Wed May 25 04:15:29 PDT 2011

Excellent article.  It really makes one yearn for the days of music & comedy
shows such as this as well as the Carol Burnett show and of course, the
grand-daddy of them all, The  Ed Sullivan Show.

I remember a line in Sinatra's act when he was performng at the Sands some
years after the Meeting at the Summit, as the Rat Pack's performance was
billed.

He said, "Sammy Davis Jr. wrote a book entitled 'Yes I Can'.  After I saw
his first TV show, I sent him a wire, 'No You Can't'"

HC

--
The world is full of idiots... the trick is to be able
to navigate through life around them