[Dixielandjazz] ZINFANDEL STOMPERS at Solis Winery, Monday, 3/30/11

Jim O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Tue May 24 10:56:42 PDT 2011

For the fourth consecutive year, the Zinfandel Stompers will perform at the
Solis Winery "Sausage and Syrah Grill" event. This annual event is held each
Memorial Day and Labor Day weekend at the winery, located at 3920 Hecker
Pass Highway (Highway 152), Gilroy, CA.

This free event runs from 12:00 Noon to 4:30 PM. Purchase a bottle of Solis
Syrah (red) or Solis Fiano ( white) at the regular price of $20 and receive
2 free grilled gourmet sausage sandwiches and two free side dishes.

The Zinfandel Stompers will play from 12:30 PM - 4:30 PM. Our personnel for
this date are: Don Abel, cornet; Erik Siverson, soprano, alto & bass saxes;
Jon Schermer, trombone; Jim O'Briant, tuba & leader; Patrick Dutrow, banjo &
guitar. (Jon is covering the trombone chair for our usual trombonist, Howard
Miyata, who will be in Sacramento with the High Sierra Jazz Band.)

If you're in the area, I hope you can attend this great event and support
traditional jazz. (If you come, please tell the winery owners that you came
because of the Dixieland Jazz.)

Everyone please have a great Memorial Day weekend, and a safe one!

Jim O'Briant

Gilroy, CA

Tuba & Leader, The Zinfandel Stompers