[Dixielandjazz] Here's an even better job offer

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Mon May 16 16:47:20 PDT 2011

 I agree with that Larry,  because the original bands rehearsed and played together constantly and had the essence of their own BAND sound in their delivery of the music, and no doubt many of them did not even need the charts anymore to play at the quality level that Ellington and the other Big Band leaders had.   Ghost bands using subs on the road to save money just all too often lack that edge that one can hear on the original vinyl.   Unfortunately also true is that most audiences simnply do not know the difference as they have never been exposed to the real thing.

Cheers,

Bart