[Dixielandjazz] New CD

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Sat May 21 17:30:48 PDT 2011

I have just compiled a new CD - HERE ARE SOME COLLECTORS ITEMS, CATS. Number
FJM-037 in my JAZZ FROM THE MITCHELL LIBRARY series.

Wild Bill fans will recognise the allusion to the 78 rpm disc by WBD and
Boyce Brown with rhythm section on the COLLECTOR'S ITEM label in 1940. No
band name was used, so it has been lovingly referred to as the Collector's
Items Cats.As far as I know it has never been reissued before in any format.
The tunes are ON A BLUES KICK and I SURRENDER DEAR. A real collector's item.

Also on the CD are an unissued BLUES by a small Condon group (WBD, Pee Wee
and The Lion), the four titles by Gene Gifford's Orchestra with Bunny, Matty
and Bud; four titles by Bob Zurke's usually overlooked orchestra, two by
Floyd Campbell's Gangbusters, two versions of the CRAVEN A THEME, recorded
in Australia by Duke Ellington and Dave Brubeck, Artie Shaw's Concerto for
Clarinet from a movie soundtrack and a couple of other items.

Price is $20.00 including postage in Australia, $25.00 including postage
overseas. Payment in Australia by cheque, postal order or PayPal, overseas
by bank draft, IMO or PayPal. In Australian dollars, of course.

Best wishes
Jack Mitchell