[Dixielandjazz] A Fable for Us All

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Wed May 18 08:06:20 PDT 2011

As I'm reading and feeling regretful over hurts on both sides re
Sacramental JazzFest, I also opened this email.  Hope it can give all a  grin, maybe
even a moral.  I know I have plenty of folks in my life whom I  can apply
this to, and they to me.
Ginny

Fable of the  Porcupines

It was the coldest  winter ever.  Many animals died because of the  cold.
The porcupines, realizing the  situation, decided to group together. They
were covered and protected, but  the quills of each wounded the closest
companion.
After a while, they decided to  distance themselves, and they began to die,
alone and frozen. They had to  make a choice: either accept the quills of
their companions or disappear  from the Earth.   Wisely, they decided to go
back to being  together. They learned to live with the little wounds caused
by their  close relationships because the most important part was the heat
that came  from each other. They were able to survive. The best relationship
is not  the one that brings together perfect people, but the one that forms
when  individuals learn to live with the imperfections and admire the good
qualities of others.
Moral  of the story: LEARN  TO LOVE THE PRICKS IN YOUR LIFE.