[Dixielandjazz] Do subs de-legitimize a band?

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri May 13 13:17:18 PDT 2011

A fan's point of view:

First, some history: Jean Goldkeatte booked several bands under his
name at the same time, and no complaints have bee reported. So far for
booking several bands under the same name to play at different venues.

Now, subs: why is it "kosher" to change band members, but not to use
subs?  After all, that, too, changes, or is likely to change, the
sound of a band?

Of course, there are practical considerations: for example, should a
band reject a gig because a member or two have another gig, or are
travelling to Honolulu?  That might cause not only loss of income, but
loss oof a client:  You cannot play when I need you?  I'll find
another band.  So cpome off it!  Steve is right this time.  It happens
all over the place, all over the world, and does not hurt.  A "sub"
might even add new energy to a band.
Cheers