[Dixielandjazz] Band Sound

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri May 13 12:51:52 PDT 2011

All true, except that the sound of the band, albeit recognizable as
"Condon style" changed a lot with personnel changes.  There are so
many records to prove it!  And people expected that informal, jam
session atmosphere.

However, there were bands with an unmistakable sound despite personnel
changes.  Take, for example, Kid Ory: whatever tha band's personnel,
it was always easily recognizable.  Another example is Turk Murphy.
And The New Black Eagle Jazz Band.

Cheers