[Dixielandjazz] FW: Jim Kash Shaking It Up

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Thu May 12 09:15:21 PDT 2011

Bob Ringwald asked:
>Feel the earthquakes there in Madrid?  Sorta reminds you of home, don't it.

Actually, Bob, the first I heard of the earthquakes was when Janie (djml)
asked me about it!  We don't even get Spanish tv (it's awful!), so I get my
local news from newspapers.

The town that was so badly damaged is on the Med coast about 6 hrs drive
from Madrid, and we felt nothing here.  I wonder if some of the damage to
modern buildings will be found to be from shoddy building practices?  The
construction trade here should be monitored more closely.

I don't ever recall feeling an earthquake in California when I was a kid,
either, and surely there were many.

Thanks for your concern.  I am shaking it up, however, with our band this
weekend...a wedding reception Saturday nite & a club date on Sunday nite.

Jim