[Dixielandjazz] New Orleans-- Treme' Second Season; NPR blog with link

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Tue May 10 13:29:14 PDT 2011

To Musicians and Jazzfans list and DJML

From: Norman Vickers, Jazz society of Pensacola

Wow!  Lots of responses on DJML to the post about the New Orleans Jazz and
Heritage festival skimping on jazz.  So much so that some of you have
suggested that because of "truth in advertising" they should remove "jazz"
from the title.

Here's a long story from NPR, with photos, about the second season of the
HBO  series, Treme'.  Since I don't get HBO, I've not seen  the first
season, but have read about it. Understand that the DVDs are on sale from
season one.  As most of you know, the series features New Orleans jazz
musicians who are woven into the contemporary story.  For the few of you (
if there are ,in fact any, who don't know) Treme' is the name of a
neighborhood near the French Quarter where many of the local musicians,
especially black, are nurtured.

Here's the link:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/ablogsupreme/2011/05/10/136150121/treme-ep-13-all-p
olitics-is-local