[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Takes a Back Seat at N.O. J & H.

Jim Irvin JIRVIN at millinglaw.com
Tue May 10 11:31:14 PDT 2011

At $45 per day, the NOJ&H Festival has gotten a bit pricey, and though I live in New Orleans, I rarely go. But it is an experience most lovers of a wide variety of contemporary music would enjoy. And if you want to limit yourself to OKOM, you can just camp out in the Economy Hall Tent for six or seven hours' worth. Neither in the tent or outside of it have I encountered any horse manure.

>>> "PHIL WILKING" <philwilking at bellsouth.net> 5/10/2011 1:03 PM >>>
The so-called "Jazz and Heritage Festival" long ago abandoned jazz - at
least as long ago as the "and Heritage" was added to the name. It is held at
the Fairgrounds, a horse race track. So - you get to pay an exhorbitant
price for a ticket to not hear jazz while you wade through horse manure.

Much better from the perspective of OKOM is the "French Quarter Festival" in
April. Stages are set up throughout the Quarter and local bands play with no
ticket required.

PHIL WILKING

Those who would exchange freedom for security
deserve neither freedom nor security.