[Dixielandjazz] Dorseys

Steve Voce stevevoce at virginmedia.com
Thu May 5 07:56:09 PDT 2011

Thanks to the kind help of Paul Egerton some of you in the States (and, from me, Marek in Israel) will be receiving
copies of the two CDs of Dorsey stories. I've been asked for a track list. There isn't one, I'm afraid, but I hope that this helps.

Steve Voce

I'm afraid there isn't one. But this is what happens on each one.

CD1

Nat Pierce talking to me on tape and explaining what's to come.

Briefly, Supersax talking about losing their music on the road and about Frank Rosolino.

Then, for most of the disc, Buddy De Franco, Louie Bellson, Nick DiMaio and Nat Pierce

in a hotel bedroom telling stories about the Dorseys.

CD 2

The Dorsey stories continued (the hotel room was in Vancouver

and the musicans were part of a tour that included the Bellson Big Band

(Nat Pierce and trombonist Nick DiMaio were in that), Buddy Franco's

quartet, George Shearing's Quintet, the Dizzy Gillespie Quintet and

Carmen McRae).

After the hotel room the conversation moves to beside the hotel swimming

pool the next day with those involved being Buddy De Franco, Dizzy Gillespie,

Carmen McRae and Nat Pierce.

After that there is an interview between Jack Sheldon and me in a Hollywood

television studio in 1980.

Hope this helps and sorry for the omission.

Steve