[Dixielandjazz] Old Bones

Bruce Stangeland stangeland at earthlink.net
Mon May 2 19:34:43 PDT 2011

Jim,

Your date and composer for "Old Bones" agrees with what I have discerned.
I don't have lyrics, and would appreciate a lead sheet with lyrics.

Regards,
Bruce Stangeland
Berkeley banjoist

-----------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 10:51:31 -0700
From: "Jim O'Briant"<jobriant at garlic.com>
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Old Bones

Message mostly for Bob Ringwald, but may be of interest to others as well.

Bob, I hears you sing "Old Bones" with Bob Sakoi's band in Jackson, CA on
Sunday, and then there was a question about who wrote that tune, and when.

When I tracked the tune down to create lead sheets for the Zinfandel
Stompers, I found that "Old Bones" was written - lyrics and music - by John
Hadley, and it was copyrighted in 1980&  published by Tree Publishing in
Nashville.

Jim O'Briant

Gilroy, CA

Tuba&  Leader, The Zinfandel Stompers