[Dixielandjazz] FW: One of my favorite T-Bone players

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon May 2 13:42:49 PDT 2011

>It's called a "Pixie" mute, at least the one manufactured by Humes and Berg
of "Stonelined" fame. They're made of aluminum and specifically intended for
use with a plunger, although they work fine without the plunger too.  --
Paul

I've used the pixie mute for years.  In fact mine looks a bit weird because
I closed it in a door once, and it is bent at a strange angle.  Works fine,
though, although it takes a lot of air to get a sound out of it, as the
pressure is held back so much.

I use it with & without a plunger.  By the way, I use a stonelined plunger
rather than the raunchier rubber toilet plunger.  Like the sound better.

Jim