[Dixielandjazz] Music in HBO's "Mildred Pierce"

david richoux domitype at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 12:15:06 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I watched the first part of the "Mildred Pierce" re-make on HBO - not
bad for a soapy melodrammer!

Event though they badly failed trying to fake 1931 Los Angeles with
location filming in New York, the music was right on target. Instead
of recreating the period music as they did for "Boardwalk Empire" they
went to the original artist recordings - I don't have a song list, but
they were all OKOM!

Looking at the preview for the next parts, I think the music will
shift more to opera and classical...

Dave RIchoux