[Dixielandjazz] Just another gig...

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Sun Mar 27 13:19:25 PDT 2011

She should call a Los Angeles Dixieland Band or her local Jazz Society,  they have many bands that would quote her $500.00 for 8 players & 50.00 extra for a Chick Singer:  and  drive 1 or 2 hours in traffic to get there, and a few of them might even be Plumbers, or Doctors or Lawyers just playing a little music on the side on their days off.  So it's a real bargain price if you look at it that way.  Some of them might even play it for Free just for the Fun of playing.  Happens all the time.    Now on the other hand Many Professional Musicians are also Plumbers, Electricians, carpenters, and Garbage men on the side so they can earn a living and come home and dress up and Pretend to be a Professional Musician because it's so Cool.   Nobody invites a Plumber  or Garbage man to a party :  ha ha

BB

  Just another gig...

  A lady called the Los Angeles musicians union to inquire about the cost of

booking a five-piece band with a singer for a wedding...

  The AFM rep says "Off the top of my head, roughly two thousand dollars"...

  She says "WHAT? FOR MUSIC ?"...

  The rep responds,  "Ma'am... I'll tell you what. Call the plumbers' union

and ask for six plumbers to work from six to twelve o'clock on a Saturday

night. Whatever they charge you, I'll work for half of that."

  She called back and said,   "I get your point Mr. Palmer."

Warm regards,

Bob Romans,