[Dixielandjazz] Just another gig...

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 26 21:22:29 PDT 2011

  Just another gig...

  A lady called the Los Angeles musicians union to inquire about the cost of
booking a five-piece band with a singer for a wedding...

  The AFM rep says "Off the top of my head, roughly two thousand dollars"...

  She says "WHAT? FOR MUSIC ?"...

  The rep responds,  "Ma'am... I'll tell you what. Call the plumbers' union
and ask for six plumbers to work from six to twelve o'clock on a Saturday
night. Whatever they charge you, I'll work for half of that."

  She called back and said,   "I get your point Mr. Palmer."

Warm regards,
Bob Romans,
209-747-1148
1617 Lakeshore Dr.,