[Dixielandjazz] Verses

Pat Ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Sat Mar 26 17:48:57 PDT 2011

inserting "without no pants on" in between each line.>>

I think that the `no pants` thing is the worst part of Sheik. Why do they do
it? It is not funny, it is Soo unimaginative and lets down the whole tune.
I used to have a 78 with this on with band responses which (Ithink) went
like this.

I`m the S of A
your heart belongs to me
Response(and the army and the navy too)
At night etc....sleep
R (dream a little dream of me)
Into yr tent... I creep
R(No shoes? My sole, what a heel)
The stars.....above
R(and the light of the silvery moon)
Will light....love
R(your magic spell is everywhere)
You`ll rule.....me
R(Not just a queen for a day)
The S of Araby.
For heavens sake try to kill off the `pants on`thing.

How is it I can remember that and not what I had for breakfast?

And the 78 had `Dear hearts and Gentle people on the other side.Hells bells

Pat